Turnkey Logistics System to Orchestrate Product Management Processes
We’re developing a fully fledged backend middleware platform to streamline logistics operations and supply chain management
Business challenge of a Fortune 500 company
Our client is a US-based multinational manufacturer of rubber products and is one of the world’s largest tire companies ranked on the Fortune 500 list. With operations in most regions across the globe, the company develops, produces, and sells a wide range of tires for passenger automobiles, race cars, motorcycles, trucks, aircraft, SUVs, farm machinery, and heavy earth-moving equipment.
Today, our client operates around 1,100 tire and auto service centers, offering its products for retail sale and providing car repairs and other services. But the digitization of businesses and industries drives them to fundamentally revise their fleet maintenance and management processes. To keep up with industry trends, our client wanted to build fleet management software (FMS) that would help them become more competitive on the global market by automating document circulation, simplifying the workflow, and streamlining the overall tire management lifecycle.
Save on operational time and costs
Automate document flow
Simplify product management lifecycle
Industry: Retail, Transportation & Logistics
Headquarters: Ohio, USA
Team size: 9 members
Cooperation: 2019 – present
Android / AWS / AWS Lambda / Azure Functions / Cognito / Google Store / Node.JS / RDS / Serverless / SQS / Terraform
Our client created the first version of the logistics management solution in-house and worked with a third-party vendor to refine it. However, they continued to experience challenges with the performance and extensibility of the platform. Time-consuming operations and the high cost of implementing features led them to conclude that they needed a brand-new application to improve usability and personalize the user experience. This is when they approached BitsByteSoft to become their strategic partner and help them breathe new life into their product. With vast expertise in mobile and SaaS development based on AWS laaS as well as in DevOps consulting services, BitsByteSoft was a good match to develop an Android mobile application and cloud-based middleware.
BitsByteSoft experts are working on a new fleet online system (FOS) that supports the daily tasks of technicians and tire-fitters by allowing them to create and submit electronic job cards for work carried out on vehicles.
To rebuild the logistics management system software from the ground up, we’ve assumed full responsibility for the project and established a dedicated team consisting of two Android developers, two Node.js developers, a DevOps engineer, a business analyst, a UX designer, a QA specialist, and a project manager. At the initial stage, our team is developing a new Android mobile app and a full-fledged backend middleware platform. The next step will include building the UI for a user portal that acts as an intermediary office based on the middleware.
The BitsByteSoft team conducted in-depth research into the current logistics management solution and fleet management software development, which involved:
- Outlining stakeholder needs and objectives, business requirements, and the project vision
- Updating functional requirements based on end user feedback, assessment of existing application features, documentation, and focused workshops
- Defining a requirements management approach
- Documenting use cases at the business and system levels and tracing related business rules
- Designing a system architecture based on key non-functional requirements for an Android mobile application and cloud-based middleware
- Defining an implementation roadmap (timeline, estimate, team composition, user story map)
Our client’s internet-based logistics management system software consolidates core functionalities of the current application and a new feature set into a single turnkey solution that covers:
- Actions on a tire
- Dismounting a tire
- Scanning barcodes
- Reserving a PWT (part worn tire)
- Mounting a tire
- Swapping tires
- Retorquing process
- WOT (work on tire)
- Tire history
The solution we’re developing brings these advantages to our client:
- Gives service providers direct access to information about fleet customers
- Replaces the standard paper job card process
- Enables service providers to generate and submit electronic job cards as work is completed
- Invoices fleet customers immediately, saving service providers time and enabling fleets to manage their vehicles more efficiently
- Uses images to validate completion of work
- Prompts technicians to complete full vehicle inspections to increase service effectiveness
- Rebills all submitted work directly to the fleet customer, without delay
- Eases the burden on service providers to re-enter information
- Enables fleets to react to service work in a timely manner and streamline supply chain
- Shortens payment cycles and frees up valuable service time
Let’s work together on your
Drop us a line about your project at email@example.com or via the contact form below with attachments, and we will contact you within a business day.